Cowal and Bute Play Therapy is a non-for-profit Community Interest Company (CIC), offering therapeutic services to children and their parents in Dunoon and across Cowal and Bute.
As a Community Interest Company, What Community do we Benefit?
Our therapeutic services are carried out for the benefit of
– Children and parents including adoptive parents, foster parents and kinships carers.
– Professionals working within education, social work and health, and third sector organisations working with children (and families) impacted by adverse experiences, developmental trauma, and/or experiencing additional needs.
What Are Our Aims?
To promote the mental health and well-being of children, particularly those impacted by anxiety, adverse experiences, developmental trauma, and/or experiencing additional needs.
What Do We Do?
– Play therapy (including Autplay and Outdoor Play Therapy)
– Attachment Focused Family Therapy (DDP-informed + Theraplay informed parent-child therapy)
– Administration “Safe and Sound Protocol” and “Focus Integrated Listening System”
– Training for professionals and voluntary organisations
– Mental health and well-being education in schools
– Groupwork in schools, including Seasons for Growth
Where Do We Work?
We work in a range of schools and community spaces across Cowal and Bute, ensuring therapy is available locally for families.
Our work is funded through pupil equity fund, grant funding and private practice.
Phone: 07717 407 421